The 2019-2020 Grant Cycle is now closed!
Grant Guidelines and Information
If you were unable to attend one of our grant informational meetings, click to view the guidelines handout and presentation slides.
The 2019-2020 Grant Cycle Budget is $248,000.
The majority of funds available are designated for use by organizations serving Walla Walla County. A smaller portion is available for grants to organizations outside of Walla Walla County who fall within our service area: Columbia County, Garfield County and Umatilla County.
In our effort to foster greater impact from our grants, up to 60% of the grant budget may be utilized for large grants, ranging from $20,000-$100,000. The remaining 40% will be used for smaller grants and is dependent upon the number and quality of large grant proposals. More than 40% of the budget may be allocated to smaller grants if no compelling large grant proposals are received.
Who May Apply?
Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organizations in the Foundation's service area, namely Columbia, Garfield and Walla Walla counties in Washington and Umatilla County in Oregon. Organizations located outside of our service area, but with a strong presence in one of our local communities, are also eligible.
Public agencies in our service area, such as school districts, recreation districts, and hospital districts.
Churches and faith-based organizations.
Non-501(c)3 organizations or groups are eligible to apply via a fiscal sponsor that fits one of the above requirements. Groups applying via fiscal agent will need to provide all of the application materials for their own organization as well as the fiscal agent (i.e. budget materials, board of director lists, financial disclosures, etc.). Applicants will also need to submit a letter of fiscal sponsorship from the sponsoring organization stating that they agree to take on the responsibility for the charitable use of the grant. An example form letter can be found here.
How do I apply?
All applications must be submitted by completing the online application process via the Apply Now link above*. No hard copy applications will be accepted.
*Please note the Apply Now link is only visible when the grant cycle is open.
The Foundation prefers to receive one well-crafted and developed proposal per organization, however, up to four applications per organization may be submitted.
Applicants who received a grant in the previous year are eligible to apply again with no restrictions or gap years as long as they complete the required Grant Report Form for the previous grant on time.