Scholarships from Need-Based Funds are awarded primarily by financial need. The foremost factor in determining financial need is family income. The table below indicates income levels, based on the Walla Walla area and the number of people in your family for the 2013-14 academic year. These figures change each year.
If your family income is above these amounts, and you do not meet any of the criteria in the Special Requirement section, the Foundation does not encourage you to apply. If, however, your family income falls under these amounts, we strongly encourage you to apply.
|1 Person Family||$37,469|
|2 Person Family||$42,822|
|3 Person Family||$48,174|
|4 Person Family||$53,527|
|5 Person Family||$58,880|
|6 Person Family||$64,233|
|7 Person Family||$69,585|
|8 Person Family||$74,938|
Applicants must be graduates of high schools in Walla Walla County, have received a GED or been home-schooled in Walla Walla County or have resided in Walla Walla County for at least three (3) years at the time of application.
The Need Based Scholarship Funds that will make awards this year are:
- Ralph R. Bennett and Mary Ellen Bennett Fund
- Earl and Lucille Blake Scholarship Fund
- T. B. Elliott Fund
- William E. and Mary G. Falconer Endowment Fund
- Kenneth Garner Non-Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Kenneth Garner Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Dayl and Doris Graves Scholarship Fund
- Roberta Bell Kraemer Fund
- Walla Walla Public High Schools Scholarship Fund