It is easy to help your client establish a named charitable fund and the task can be completed in less than a day.
- First, decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities or other property, which has been approved by the Foundation.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member, a business or one they invent.
- Select a fund type. If choosing a Donor Advised Fund, designate current fund advisors such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
Complete and sign our New Fund Form.
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- If a Donor Advised Fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to local charities.
To get started, discuss a specific client situation, or outline various giving options, please contact us for more information.